Tuesday 24 June 2014

What makes my day

I come home from work and I feel tired. Extremely knackered at times. All I ever wanted to do is rest. Lie down on the couch and watch the idiot box. After a long, tiring and sometimes disappointing day at work, I always believe that I deserve some rest. But somehow, sadly, watching the tele does not make me any happier. Lying down on the couch does not make me any calmer. Resting and staring into thin air do not help either.

But unexpectedly seeing my 2 year-old son come and bring me a bottle of vitagen from the fridge, totally makes my day. He might do it as part of his developmental progression. But I look at it as him showing that he cares.

Children act so innocently loving sometimes. Their progress surprises me every time.  Seeing my son grow into a fine young boy lifts my misery. All the time.

Tell me, but how can I not be a proud mummy..

I love you my son. May you grow up into a fine young man..


2 comments: