Wednesday 4 June 2014

planes and flying and storm

I used to love to fly. I used to love turbulence. When there was any, I would mischievously but stupidly take my seat belt off to enjoy the bumpy ride (lucky to still be alive!).

Yes, i love roller coasters and anything that tests my fear factor. I would bungee jump everyday if they had that behind my house. I would go on a speed boat during a stormy night. I would do all that to feel the adrenaline running through my veins.

Not anymore.

Having a son of my own changes everything. Having my own small unit makes me want to stay alive to keep those I love happy and safe. I fear death in a way that only God understands.

Now, i cringe at turbulences. My stomach rumbles when the plane gets into air pockets. My heart stops when it rains while I am on a ferry. I fear for the worst. I am no longer the 15 year old girl who fears nothing. I had experienced an unforgettable incident in the plane that I really thought that I would die. It was so real that my future disappeared before me for once.

Guess age matures me somehow. Or does it?


No comments:

Post a Comment