Tuesday 17 June 2014

To love or not to love

Today a one and a half year old girl touched my heart. Her innocence and desperation for attention were so apparent that my heart ached so hard I just wanted to cry. But no, I couldn't just cry. She was not my daughter. She was not even my niece. Neither was she my relative.

She was a daughter of a mother who was not even bothered to make her feel loved. Or appreciated. To the extent that she had to come to me, a total stranger, to get a feeling of security and maybe a cuddle.

I looked at her and all I felt was sympathy. I felt for her so bad that I wished she was mine. I wished that she could have a better life. I wished that she could choose who her mother was. I wished that she would not end up just like her mother.

Her mother was under my surveillance. I had to make sure that she was fit to be a mother. More importantly, she wanted to try. She failed me not twice but many times. She was always out with friends going here and there, leaving her three innocent kids with her sick mother in a small and smelly flat. She was the epitome of irresponsibility. She was what no mother should be.

Oh I feel so bad for her neglected children... Beyond words..

No comments:

Post a Comment