Monday 26 May 2014

The forgotten past

It amazes me everytime I look back and reminisce my younger impressionable years. I was not exactly the most popular girl in school, but I was in fact, well known (not trying to brag or anything you see). I was popular Not for my looks, not for my talent(if i actually had any!),  and definitely not for my brains. I always had two extremes of the world with me or against me. It was either you hate me or you love me. I was known more for my courage to stand against all odds. I spoke my mind out without thinking twice.

 My enemies hated my gut. 

My friends loved me just the way I was.

It was constantly a struggle to survive the emotional roller coster in high school. I might have looked calm, collected and strong, but mind you, I did have my moments of falling in deep s**t. I grew to hate that part of my life that subconsciously, my brain is erasing certain spots of the memory that make my heart ache just thinking about it. Call me absent minded, but I am starting to believe in suppressed memories. 

The good thing about it, I don't even remember much of the hurt that was caused to me and the s**t thrown at my face. But, it is also at the expense of remembering the close friends whom I once had great time with. 

Sometimes, this makes me lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment