Tuesday 27 May 2014

Strong parents vs crying babies

80% of the time, parents bring their sick children to see doctors for assurance. They just want to hear those words; don't worry, it is just the flu. It will pass.

But 80% of those parents refuse to believe those remarks. Why? Cause caring for a sick child is the most challenging job in the history of mankind.

A child's ailment is just a test of how strong parents are. Remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

And I AM a strong person. So I thought.

The first time my son had fever, I cried with him. The thought of the worst possibility played in my mind like a broken record. Although I knew exactly what was wrong with him, it felt like there was something bad that was going to happen anytime. It was just a cold. A normal benign cold. But he could not stop crying and that made me extremely helpless. Nothing i did was alleviating his misery. The way i handled him caused him to cry. Not doing anything made him cry even louder. I was at a point of crumbling from NOT knowing what to do.

Guess I am not that strong anyway..


No comments:

Post a Comment