Monday 12 January 2015

first day at school

Today is the first day of school for 2015.

I remember my first Day at school when i was 7. i  was scared, anxious, scared and very scared. I have never been a brave girl within me, but one thing for sure, i do look like one superficially. at least thats what people have been telling me.

Anyway, today we see what parents would do for their children. Some wait outside their classroom till it ends. Some hide behind the wall to ensure that no one is bullying their children. Some argue with the teachers to ensure that their children get to sit at the front row. Some just couldn't be bothered.

The first time for a parent to see his or her children's lives change is an opportunity that no parent would want to miss.

My dad cancelled all his appointments at work when i gave birth. Mind you, i was 25 years old. Not the scared lonely 7 year old i once was. But he still wanted to be there to witness the most important event of my life.

I wonder if i would ever let myself miss my children's first day at school, or first time to ride a bike, or first newborn. Coz as far as i can remember, my parents never missed any important event of mine.
and for that matter, i think no parent should.

1 comment: